Follow Us @soratemplates

Monday 2 June 2014

Steamboat in Shanghai

Did you know?

The Chinese hot pot has a history of more than 1,000 years.

The hot pot is a super popular cuisine all over China.

 So what's a trip to China without having hot pot?!







Check out this 麻辣火鍋, so super red and indeed it's as spicy as it looks.

No this wasn't the famous 海底捞火锅 because we had to take a cab if we wanted that but we were all too hungry and lazy so we settled for the one that was near our hotel and it's called DOLLAR SHOP. hahaha

I had tomato-based soup because the one I had at 海底捞 was soooooo good.
Sadly, this was only so-so.

Oh and one tip I've learnt from the local Chinese is that you should avoid ordering beef as much as you can when eating out.

Because they tend to substitute beef with chicken or pork as it is cheaper but still charge you the price of beef anyway.

I'm not saying they do this in China all the time. I'm just saying this is what I've heard from the locals. So yeah. Maybe such lack of ethics is happening everywhere in the business world, I'm really not surprised.

But I must say the service standards of China has really up-ed one notch these days.

They provide aprons to prevent staining your clothing, hair bands for ladies with long hair, plastic pouches for your handphones so they don't get oily, etc etc. Of course, you should know by now that the 海底捞 in China also provides manicure sessions for customers. WTF right. Go eat hot pot can get your nails done at the same time. I wonder what else they can come up with. Dental checkups, maybe?

But I really can't care less for these random things. Just bring me ma foooooood.

Hot pot craving satisfied!

Till my next trip to China!

1 comment: