Follow Us @soratemplates

Friday 27 June 2014

MAGNOLIA BAKERY AND WHY IT'S A SIN IF YOU ARE NOT LOVING IT

First up, sorry for the hiatus as #estheetheexplorer has been busy touring the world. (not that I should be apologizing to any loyal readers who are dying for updates because there really aren't any anyway. But hey, stats show that my Babyface Candy Glow Tint Bar/Nakhon Thai/Chicken Up reviews are still bringing in good traffic though no one gives a damn about my travelogues. Now that is just major sad since this blog is meant to be my travelogue.)

But that shall not deter #estheetheexplorer anyway!

Today's post is gonna make you salivate but you won't regret it.
Because I regret not having been enlightened before.
So I'm gonna be this good kind soul to enlighten others now.





Now, if you live in New York City and you've not heard of this...

Or if you've been watching American TV, and you've also not heard of this...

Or if you live in New York City, watch American TV, have a sweet tooth, and you've still not heard of this....

Or if you're travelling to New York or already in NYC....


It's time you start living and listen up now.

Because I'm about to introduce the most AMAZING, most FABULOUS, most DELICIOUS, most AWESOME thing that you can put in your mouth.




MAGNOLIA BAKERY'S CHEESECAKE IS DA BOMB!!!



It's so darn good just by thinking back upon my first taste makes my world stop momentarily so I can relieve the moment.

I'm not kidding.
The first time I tasted their Red Velvet Cheesecake, I tasted orgasm.
I SWEAR.

Okay, you get the gist. It's that f*cking good.

What have I been doing all these while?!?!

I don't know why I've been to New York so many times and have never discovered this gem. Especially since it's done so well that it's been featured on big screen such as Sex And The City, and The Devil Wears Prada, and has also been franchised all over United States, and soon to be all over the world.

Here's when they shot Sex And The City!
This is where the original bakery is - Bleecker Street, on the corner of the West 11th Street, Manhattan, NYC.

Photo by: nypost

I didn't manage to visit the original bakery though.
Why go far when I could get my happiness at Rockefeller Center?
That's merely 10 minutes walk from Times Square and mind you, I'm a slow walker.


Ta-dah!!! Presenting to you, MAGNOLIA BAKERY @ Rockefeller Center!



Step inside and you'll be presented with a array of colourful, yummylicious cakes of all sizes behind the counters, waiting for you to pick them up. Trust me, I'm not a huge fan of cakes but these were like a dozen of small little things shouting at me to bring them home.

Well it's hard not to, when a simple Vanilla cupcake is described in this manner - Vanilla: rich, buttery, old-fashioned cake with a light crumb. Our most popular cupcake.

Or like this - Lemon: lemon cream filling with lemon meringue butter-cream.

Or this - Pistachio: pistachio cake with pistachio meringue buttercream topped with pistachios.

Now that's only three out of what, 20 cupcake flavours?! You tell me how to pick like that!!!

It just makes you wanna try everything!

Marketing huh.






And boy, we were only talking about cupcakes earlier on.

Wait till we get to the cakes.




For the variety of cakes, there's Vanilla Bean, Caramel Pecan, Key Lime, Vanilla & Chocolate Swirl, Chocolate, Red Velvet flavour. (courtesy of Magnolia Bakery's online menu)

Sorry I didn't take more upclose shots of the cake because I was too stressed trying to pick one and I'm pretty sure the staff wanted me out of the way as soon as I got my cake.

Not that they weren't friendly, it's just that I'm not too sure Westerners get this thing about Asians and their obsession with photographing every small little thing in life.

Ok back to the cakes, don't they just look pretty sitting delicately on their own stands just waiting to get sliced?

I always go for the ones that are less whole because that would mean that they're the best-sellers! (may well just be monkey-see-monkey-do)
Also, once they've had a slice of them taken out, I would be able to take a good look at their insides so I can tell what goodness there is in them! All the more reason to buy those right?

Being the glutton that I am, I was tempted to buy every single flavour of the cakes/cupcakes/cheesecakes that were available and I would have done so...



If I wasn't down to my last penny that is.


Oh yeah, you heard me right. I had exactly $7 to buy something from here, because I spent my other $6 on Lamb Over Rice at the Halal Guys. And i got this $11 because I made my friend have breakfast with me and I'd pay by credit card so she could pay me back in cash and I'd have cash for Halal Guys and Magnolia Bakery!

Brilliant Plan! How smart, thank you. :)

Since I had $7 exactly, a Cheesecake did just fine.
(FYI: All cheesecakes are priced at 7USD).

And boy, I made the best decision ever in my entire life because this Red Velvet Cheesecake that I bought was the most heavenly thing I've ever tasted.

Way better than Cheesecake Factory's cheesecakes or any other cheesecakes in the world. You guys can all go suck thumb, come learn from Magnolia Bakery instead!

Nope, no picture of my very own Red Velvet Cheesecake because I bought it and devoured it the very moment I could.
To the very last bit of it, ooooo yeahhhh.

However, here's a picture of the cheesecakes I took from the shop!
Uh huh, at the bottom is my Red Velvet baby.




Oh, just so you know, all these goodness from Magnolia Bakery are ALL HANDMADE.

From cakes to cupcakes to cheesecakes to cookies and pies and whatever heavenly edible items, they're all made by hand, on the premises throughout the day.

That's why it's called a Bakery because it's freshly baked and placed on the counter for sale!

Proof of their on-the-spot bakery.



As you can see, Red Velvet is obviously doing very well.

Magnolia Bakery is known for their cupcakes but my virgin experience went to their cheesecake and I must say that definitely didn't disappoint.

I will definitely be back to try the other things on their menu!
(another chance at orgasm, why not? okay sorry)




Here are just some additional information on Magnolia Bakery that I thought might be useful to some of you.

Magnolia Bakery offers customized cakes, makes wedding cakes and offers drop-off catering services.
You can place advanced orders and they even deliver!

They are even Kosher-certified and have gluten-free cake. (not that any of these matters to me but I'm sure it could be valid information for some!)

For a list of other FAQs, check out Magnolia's website over here.
 http://www.magnoliabakery.com/about-us/faqs/


Magnolia Bakery's U.S. Locations:


Bloomingdale’s

1000 Third Avenue
New York, NY
Tel.: 212.265.5320
Store Hours: M-F: 7am-9pm
Sat-Sun: 8am-8pm

Grand Central Terminal
Grand Central Terminal, Lower Dining Concourse
New York, NYTel.: 212.682.3588
Store Hours: M-F: 7:30am-10pm
Sat: 9am-10pm / Sun: 9am-8pm

Upper West Side
200 Columbus Avenue at 69th Street
New York, NYTel.: 212.724.8101
Store Hours: M-Th: 7:30am-10pm
F-Sat: 7:30am-12am / Sun: 7:30am-10pm

Rockefeller Center
1240 Avenue of the Americas at 49th Street
New York, NYTel.: 212.767.1123
Store Hours: M-Th: 7am-10pm
F: 7am-12am / Sat: 8am-12am / Sun: 8am-10pm


Bleecker Street
401 Bleecker Street and W. 11th Street
New York, NY
Tel.: 212.462.2572
Store Hours: M-Th: 9am-11:30pm
F-Sat: 9am-12:30am / Sun: 9am-11:30pm

Chicago
108 N. State Street at Block 37Chicago, IL
Tel.: 312.346.7777
Store Hours: M-Th: 7:30am-9pm
F: 7:30am-12am / Sat: 8am-12am / Sun: 8am-8pm

Los Angeles
8389 West 3rd Street at Orlando St.
Los Angeles, CA
Tel.: 323.951.0636
Store Hours: M-W: 8am-8pm
Th-Sat: 8am-10pm / Sun: 10am-9pm


There are also franchises in Dubai/Doha/Abu Dhabi/Tokyo and many more.


 So the next time you're here in New York city, do stop by Magnolia Bakery and give yourself a little treat!
Even if you can't stand anything sweet (God forbid), do just spend a little $$$ here and treat someone you love to a lovely cake.

You can't go wrong, trust me!

Looking forward to the day I see myself standing at this spot once again. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment