Follow Us @soratemplates

Sunday 11 November 2012

Transylvania

You know how sometimes you get bouts of nightmare on certain nights.... and you wake up feeling like your mind was really active but you're so physically dead tired that you usually just fall back asleep right away? Most of the time you don't really recall what you dreamt of. Even so, it is usually just bits and pieces of your dream. Last night, I had a series of dreams in my half-asleep state. I was dead beat from sleeping at 3am after flying to Shanghai without any sleep the night before that. And so, you can probably imagine how zombified I was when I finally got to bed. In my zombified-state, my mind was crazily active. So here goes.

My nightmare from last night:
Someone said to me: "Are you going to Rome? You should totally visit Transylvania! It's a must go!"
Me: "Eh yarrr. Of course!"

Ok, for those who don't know. Transylvania is most famous for the birth of Dracula cos Bram Stoker wrote Dracula and the entire novel is set in Transylvania. Bram Stoker's Dracula is nothing like the ones we see in 21st century Hollywood's Draculas. If you have read the novel and have vivid imagination power like I do, you will know what I mean.

Transylvania in Bram Stoker's Dracula IS SCARY CREEPY SHIT.

Okay, so what happened in my dream was, I went ahead with sight-seeing cos really, who wouldn't visit famous spots, especially if it's like a place from classic literature. Like, going to Beijing and not visiting the Great Wall of China just doesn't make any sense. So I did. I think I went alone in my dream cos there wasn't anyone else who wanted to sight-see with me. I went in the day, but boy, everything in my dream started to feel like Dracula happening to me. The whole Transylvanian setting, it's misty dark fog and hours and hours of traveling into the woods...
REALLY SCARED ME.

I woke up perspiring and it took me some time to fall back asleep. I guess I might have dreamt that cos I was worried about going to Rome for 8 days (longest time possible) and I usually don't count on any companion to go sightseeing with.

So now that I got home and I remembered this dream, I googled Transylvania.

Guess what?

Transylvania is not even in Rome!
It's in ROMANIA.
...........................


Ignorant moment. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment